Listen Up: Protecting your ears for a sound future
Preventing hearing loss is crucial for maintaining good auditory health throughout your life.
Here are some tips to help you protect your hearing:Limit exposure to loud noises:
Minimize your exposure to loud noises, both at work and during leisure activities.Use Ear Protection
When you anticipate exposure to loud noises, such as at concerts, sporting events, or when using power tools or machinery, wear appropriate hearing protection.Take Listening Breaks
Give your ears regular breaks from exposure to loud sounds.Know the Safe Noise Levels
Familiarize yourself with safe noise levels to make informed decisions about protecting your hearing.Get Regular Hearing Check-ups
Schedule regular hearing evaluations with a qualified audiologist, especially if you are exposed to high noise levels.
SoundWaves® Ear Tip Sizing Guide
Finding the Perfect Fit
SoundWaves® stock communications ear tips come in five (5) sizes. Size 1 is the smallest and size 5 is the largest. Size 3 is considered medium. These ear tips are also ear specific for left ears or right ears. When ordering these ear tips, you must specify what size and which side.
The vast majority of people order a medium size ear tip
Having said this, it is good to recognize what size stock ear tip would fit well for each individual’s ear. The criteria for a good fit is based on ear geometry.
In the picture, you can see the “concha” region of an ear. To properly fit a stock communications ear tip, look at the height of the concha. Medium size stock communications ear tips are typically around 1″ in height, Smaller ears have a concha that is a little shorter and larger ears have a concha that is a little taller. While it is not critical to precisely measure each ear, this description is a basic guide to assist you with the ordering process. As reference, a US quarter is slightly under 1″ in diameter.
Ear Tip Insertion & Care
- Place the bottom portion of the ear tip into the bottom of ear.
- Push ear tip inward with the top of the insert pointing upward.
- With the bottom in the ear, rotate the ear tip into place.
For hygienic purposes, opened packages will not be accepted for return.
Ear tip should be cleaned periodically with soap and water.
Dry inner ear (canal) portion with cotton swab. Wipe ear tip with tissue after each use.
Why choose SoundWaves® Wires?
- Hearing aid quality speaker (Higher volume, better clarity)
- Short sound travel path – 3 inches
- No Condensation issues
- Super elastic tubing resists breakdown
- Standard quality speaker
- Long sound travel path – 19 inches
- Prone to Condensation that inhibits sound travel
- Hollow coil tube has a tendency to harden and crack
Quick Disconnect Connector
Besides ensuring your comm gear investments go the longest way, other benefits to the Quick Disconnect System
- Effortless Convenience at Your Fingertips: Charge your radios without the hassle of unscrewing adapters whenever you need to remove it for settings, programming, or charging.
- Simplify connections: Gearing up or removing gear is easy with the slim Quick Disconnect connector.
- Versatile Connectivity: Allows you to use multiple pieces of comm gear on a single radio adapter.